Monday, September 24, 2012
Appreciating poetry
Poetry speaks to everyone differently. Some poeple enjoy it while other people can't stand it. Yet something I've grown to understand that I never had before is how the poems and poetry written expresses the author themselves. The poems they write speak to and relate to them more than to any other person, because of what they've thought one through or thought of for the inspiration. This allows the reader to experience deeper feelings toward the poem because of the authors own attachments to their writing. I appreciate this because it allows more people to relate to the author themselves. It adds more meaning to the piece of writing instead of just being a piece of writing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really agree with what you are saying. I also think that poetry speaks differently to different people. There are a lot of interesting poems and they all have different meanings to them. I feel that it is really important to appreciate all kinds or poetry and understand them. I like how you said that's the author of a poem is expressed in their poetry because I have learned that, that is true. Poems are a really stronge way of expressing ones self. I thought you did very well on this blog assignment Audrey!
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with your argument. I appreciate poetry more as well after realizing how open poets make themselves towards their audiences with their writing. It is a meaningful thing to be able to relate to someone through their poetry. It helps you to feel that you are not alone, and that people have had similar experiences to you. Writing and analyzing poetry are powerful ways to express yourself and dig deep inside to relate to the author. A lot of things you mentioned were things I had never thought about before, great argument!
ReplyDeleteThat is something I have honestly not considered. However you have to realize that something like that doesn't apply to someone like me. By that i mean someone whose emotions are either out on the surface or are never shown to anyone, depending. So to me poetry is just another piece of writing and not a very good one at that.
ReplyDelete